Log in to access all things NEW!
and a host of member features
Log in to enable bookmarking,
and other member features
Log in to use your event calendar,
and other member features
Log on for event registration,
and enable member features
Don't have an account?Sign Up
Or you can join with
Taking place 9-12 November 2022, Downtown Design is the Middle East’s leading fair for contemporary design, acting as a hub for international and regional exhibiting brands, manufacturers, and designers. The commercial highlight of Dubai Design Week, Downtown Design is the annual destination for contemporary design, attracting the commercial elite, leading design professionals and industry decision-makers from the Middle East, Africa, South Asia, Europe and beyond, alongside design aficionados and end consumers.
Curated in strategic partnership with Dubai Design District (d3), a member of TECOM Group PJSC, and supported by Dubai Culture, Downtown Design returns to its home within a purpose-built structure overlooking the Dubai Creek, on the d3 Waterfront Terrace. With new dedicated audience programmes, enhanced features and creative pop-up experiences, Downtown Design 2022 will be the fair’s most elevated offering to date, reflecting Dubai’s strong influence on the burgeoning design industry in the region.
With a line-up of compelling live interviews and panel discussions, The Forum at Downtown Design, supported by Aritco, will host regional and international thought leaders, architects, interior designers, and key industry profiles. Speakers will be sharing insights on pressing industry topics, with talks and panels taking place each afternoon. This year’s programme will feature high-profile international speakers including multi-award-winning interior designer Kelly Hoppen CBE; Florence-based designer Duccio Maria Gambi; Kuwaiti architect Jassim Al Saddah and one of architecture’s most exciting new names Carl Gerges, in an open theatre – designed by Collectus Studio – configured to promote interaction and engagement.
- The region’s leading design fair, Downtown Design’s ninth iteration will take place at its home on the Waterfront Terrace of d3, from 9-12 November 2022
- Supporting the Dubai economy through its deep connection with the burgeoning design industry in the region, the 2022 fair will present over 200 brands and designers
- The key commercial event of Dubai Design Week, the Downtown Design fair, presents the latest collections, innovative collaborations, and creative concepts in contemporary design to the region, with an emphasis on commercial opportunities and access to the most relevant audiences
- Dedicated to limited-edition and bespoke design, the Downtown Editions section will showcase works from galleries, design studios and collectives, with a spotlight on creative talent from around the region
- Supported by Aritco, The Forum at Downtown Design will feature high-profile international speakers including multi-award-winning interior designer Kelly Hoppen CBE among others
- Immersive features at this year’s fair include an interactive new-media installation by Canadian Studio Iregular and a large-scale entrance concept by Lebanese design duo Karim Tamerji and Elias El Hage